The Township of Muskoka Lakes is Recruiting:
Director of Operational Services
Permanent Full Time – Internal & External
Anchored by the larger communities of Bala, Port Carling and Windermere, the municipality offers the sophistication of a popular tourism destination, plus the wholesomeness of country living. With an abundance of natural beauty, Muskoka Lakes is a great place to live, work and play. The Township provides opportunity to learn, grow and build your career.
This position is well suited to a Professional Engineer who enjoys a varied portfolio and the opportunity to participate in the community at the municipal level. With an engaged team, new technology and several new master plans, this role will provide Council with critical information for decision making for the future.
- Plan and direct a comprehensive asset management program to ensure the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of Township’s infrastructure according to planned targets, budgets, procedures and priorities and in accordance with applicable
- Provide technical advice on capital project planning and design. Ensure projects are designed in accordance with Township Standards and accepted engineering and provincial standards. Review and approve plans specifications and drawings prepared by external
- Identify best practices in the engineering, operations and/or maintenance of municipal
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets including forecasts and estimates; identify and recommend potential funding sources.
- Develop, recommend, and review applicable policies, procedures, standards, plans and programs for the efficient and effective delivery of services to the residents of the
- Monitor operating performance against approved plans procedures,
- Responsible for the day-to-day coaching and performance of the Operational Services Leadership team and support the broader portfolio as it relates to human resources
- Support managers to prepare and administer the public tender process for operating and capital projects and oversee the delivery in accordance with the approved annual plan.
- Prepare and review recommendations, reports and presentations for management and Council. Attend Council, Committee, ratepayer, special interest groups and other meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combination of education and
- Licensed to practice professional engineering by Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in municipal infrastructure design construction and
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in municipal operations at a senior management
- Thorough understanding of municipal and provincial road system standards, with a strong knowledge of the relevant acts and legislative frameworks.
- Strong technological ability and
- Excellent communication skills, report writing and presentation
- Perform duties with tact and diplomacy in a political and client-based
What we Offer
The salary range for the position is $135,000 – $159,000 and includes fully paid group benefits and participation in the OMERS pension.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter ASAP, the job will remain open until filled https://www.muskokalakes.ca/content/employment-opportunities.
If you require disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department as soon as possible. Accommodation may be provided in all steps of the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.