Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for a Finance Officer position. The location for this position will be in Fort Vermilion. This is a full-time unionized position with a 40 hour work week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Preparing internal operating and capital budget reports for operating departments;
- Reconciling bank accounts, including investment and credit card accounts;
- Monitor the chequing account balance and outstanding cheque balances;
- Prepare and submit investment fund transfer request to the Director of Finance;
- Collect and review recoding requests from all departments, and submit to the Finance Controller for approval;
- Regularly enter invoices and other project data in the project costing spreadsheet and regularly reconcile it to the general ledger. Verify all documentation required as received;
- Prepare the year-end audit leadsheet for bank and investments;
- Collect and maintain asset addition and disposal files in Diamond;
- Assist in preparation of the project reports to granting agencies as required;
- Prepare GST return quarterly for review and submission by the Finance Controller;
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for this position are:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or Accounting is an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance field;
- Municipal and/or government accounting experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics software is an asset;
- Attention to detail, strong numeracy skills & a high level of accuracy is essential;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs;
- Effective interpersonal, time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities under tight deadlines;
- A valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check;
Salary Range: $83,616 – $100,339 per annum. Mackenzie County offers a Comprehensive Benefit Package.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward all resumes and applications to:
||Sarah Martens, Human Resources Coordinator
Box 640, Fort Vermilion, AB T0H 1N0