The Town of Newmarket, Engineering Services
Requires a Greenspace Development Coordinator
Contract – 8 Months (35 hours per week)
Under the direction of the Manager, Development Engineering, the Greenspace Development Coordinator is responsible to plan, design, budget, construct and assume parks, trails, and open spaces projects on development properties, including collaborating with appropriate departments to plan and coordinate project schedules; reviews drawings submitted by developers or their consultants to ensure that unassumed parks, trails and open spaces will be constructed to the Town’s standards; respond to and/or resolve inquiries from the public, other departments, utilities, agencies, developers, landowners and consultants.
How do I qualify?
- Post-secondary degree in landscape architecture or other related discipline combined with progressive experience in the field and current membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects or a suitable combination of education and municipal experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated in depth experience in the review of designs and drawings for parks, trails and open spaces in a landscape architecture, development lands, and municipal public space environment.
- Working knowledge of municipal standards and procedures including a thorough knowledge of relevant pieces of legislation such as: the Ontario Planning Act; the Highway Traffic Act; the Occupational Health and Safety Act; the Environmental Assessment Act; and the Ontario Water Resources Act. Familiarity with other municipal requirements as provided for Bylaws is also required.
- Extensive experience in reviewing design and construction drawings, dealing with landowners and developers or their consultants, cost estimating, preparing budgets and budget control as well as working knowledge of asset management software.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- An experienced collaborator with effective oral and written communication skills coupled with a customer oriented approach that lends itself to dispute resolution.
- Strong technical leadership and conceptual skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, inclusive of spreadsheet applications, Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook), Adobe, JD Edwards or other budget-control software, and AutoCAD programs.
- Experience in working with master plans, writing and presenting reports as well as oral submissions.
- Available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime as required.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing with reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
Salary: $38.05 – $47.56/hour
How do I apply?
Please apply online at www.newmarket.ca by 5:00 p.m. on September 27, 2021 quoting the file number 21-125.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodate all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process. Please no phone calls.