FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE OPERATOR
(Waste Water Plants)
(Competition No.: GI-2022-10)
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform repairs, maintenance and replacement of all equipment and facilities of the Mattagami Water Pollution Control Plant (WPCP), Whitney WPCP and associated sewage lift stations.
- Repair, maintain and replace equipment and facilities at both Waste Water Pollution Control Plants and pumping stations
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Attend to emergency situations as required
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities with Plant Operators
- Complete log books, maintenance records and reports
- Carry out weekend work duties on a rotational basis. The weekend on-duty Maintenance Operator is required to carry a pager/cell phone.
- Fill-in as Waste Water Operator in emergency situations, and vacations, as directed by supervision
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Interprovincial Red Seal certification or related qualification OR Industrial Millwright or related discipline etc
- College level diploma in Trades discipline and must possess and / or must be able to attain a valid OIT Waste Water Operator’s Licence issued under Ontario Regulation 129/04 within three (3) months of hire
- Must have practical experience and proven ability
- Experience in various maintenance technologies such as preventive, proactive and predictive
- General Knowledge and experience of various equipment including but not limited to:
o Various pump designs, electric motors and switches
o Conveying systems (chains conveyors, belts conveyors)
o Rigging and lifting devices
o Various mechanical equipment; cyclones, wear applications, screens and others
o HVAC Systems and boilers
- General knowledge in wastewater treatment including anaerobic and aerobic digestion is an asset
- Valid Class G Ontario Drivers Licence
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Operator
RATE OF PAY: $32.03 to $34.29 (In accordance with OPSEU Local 649 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of August 12, 2022.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.