Our team is growing!!
Come join the Public Works Department.
Position: Public Works Operator A
Classification: Full-time/40 hours per week
Hourly wage: $25.93 (under review) plus a comprehensive benefit package
- Operate light/heavy equipment, including but not limited to: manual transmission dump trucks with snowplow/sander and loaders.
- Perform routine maintenance of roads and other Municipal property, involving manual labour duties and Traffic Control responsibilities.
- Conduct inspections of vehicles and report any deficiencies or work required.
- Report deficiencies in road related matters.
- Complete minor maintenance to vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize various power and hand tools to complete duties as assigned.
- Carry out duties in a manner that ensures safe work practices and safe operations of equipment.
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor of Public Works.
- On call for 6-months of the year.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education at the Grade 12 level or equivalent is required.
- Proven work experience in Public Works operations.
- Thorough knowledge in proper use and maintenance of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Class “DZ” licence is required; “AZ” is an asset.
- Individual is expected to work from the Public Works garage(s) and at various job sites.
- Exposure to physical hazards and related stress including: varying and extreme weather conditions, machine heat, oils, paints and other chemicals, noise and unpredictable traffic.
- Work is subject to unusual and unscheduled hours outside of regular scheduled hours including weekends.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to:
Township of Lake of Bays
Nicole Tye, Human Resources Department
1012 Dwight Beach Rd.
Dwight, ON P0A 1H0
The Township of Lake of Bays is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department as soon as possible.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.