Project Manager, Construction Compliance
Permanent Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering, this position is involved in all aspects of the construction compliance of capital works and development projects, from commencement of construction to final completion and assumption. This would include supervision, field inspections and occasional contract administration. This position cross-trains and provides support to the other Engineering branches.
- Oversees and reviews the work of consultants hired by the Town to undertake contract administration and inspection services on Engineering capital projects, such as servicing, roads, bridges, topographic surveys, geotechnical services, field changes, and quality and quantity cost control.
- Coordinates, reviews and inspects the work of contractors hired by the Town, and oversees contract administration for engineering capital projects, such as road reconstruction and underground infrastructure improvements.
- Monitors and audits the work of consultants retained by private developers on subdivision and site plan developments; coordinate inspections and connections to municipal infrastructure with other applicable departments; ensures completion of development works are in accordance with the applicable development agreements.
- Monitors progress, reviews and works through field adjustments with consultants and contractors, monitors progress and ensures drawings are updated as required to reflect as-constructed conditions.
- Oversees and responsible for follow-up with all stakeholders regarding the questions, queries related to the construction and new developments in the Town.
- Requires a 3-year college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a Bachelor of Engineering.
- Must be a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with Ontario Association of Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) or an Engineer in Training (EIT).
- A Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) designation would be an asset.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in a related position.
- Requires a valid G class driver’s licence and the ability to submit a clean driver’s abstract upon hire.
- Capable of interpreting complex documents, construction drawings and technical reports.
- Knowledgeable in computer software and techniques applicable to project engineering, design coordination and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: $69,071.39 – $86,353.19, plus full benefits and pension plan
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and copies of the required
credentials (diploma, training, etc) through our ATS by August 15th.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: The Town of New Tecumseth has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated. Any questions regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination can be sent to Human Resources.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.