Posting #: NU 4.24
Position: Project Manager, Development Engineering
Job Code: 8ENEES
Status: Permanent Full Time
Employee Group / Band: Non-Union / 09
Salary: $84,134.00 – $108,918.00 per annum
Division: Environmental and Infrastructure Services
Reports To: Director, Engineering
Location: Simcoe (with option for remote work arrangement)
Posting Date: February 2, 2024 to February 26, 2024
How to apply:
Follow the link below for the application process:
- Ensure the file extension for your resume document is .doc, .docx or .pdf
- If you are electing to include a cover letter, the cover letter and resume must be uploaded as 1 file.
Find out more information about Norfolk County here: Employment at Norfolk County – NorfolkCounty.ca
Scope of Position:
The position is responsible for supervising and managing the work and activities of the Development Technologists and for leading the process of engineering review of all development applications, from pre-consultation to final approval and assumption (as appropriate). The incumbent will oversee (and as necessary undertake) the work of engineering analysis and collect input from other internal/external departments/partners, in order to develop, review and evaluate the compilation of technical comments on development application documents associated with Draft Plans of Subdivision, Site Plans, Land Severances, Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Committee of Adjustment and all other Planning review processes and compliance requests. Presenting results in written and verbal form to staff, elected officials, and the public is an integral part of this position. Norfolk County is a single tier municipality whose scope of municipal services includes water, wastewater, storm water, roadways, sidewalks, street lighting, traffic management/control, etc.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate or community college degree or community college diploma in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience beyond university or community college graduation in an engineering department with a municipality or multi discipline consulting, working predominantly with municipalities.
- Licensed under the Ontario Professional Engineers Act (or, enrolment in the Professional Engineers of Ontario Engineering Intern Program; or, Certified Engineering Technologist [C.E.T.])
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of Ontario legislation related to various practice areas of municipalities, such as the Municipal Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Planning Act.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft Office) and department specific software to data search and entry and to create and modify word processed documents
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
The Project Manager – Development Engineering will:
- Oversee the review completed by County Development Technologists or third party consultant reviewers retained by the County, for development applications; in particular the review of Functional Servicing Reports, for storm water, water, wastewater, roadways, land/lot grading, pedestrian/cycling facilities, ) and supporting compliance studies (such as acoustic reports, for accuracy with respect to County design requirements and assist in working with development clients in achieving compliance with established requirements and standards.
- Review of development supporting documentation and material including engineering reports, design notes, draft and final development agreements (Site Plan and Subdivision), easements and legal schedules.
- In consultation with other County Divisions and Departments identify development requirements necessary to support development proposals as identified through the Planning Act process. Guiding developments through coordinated approval processes (Planning Act and Municipal Class Environmental Assessment) may be required if/where external works to the development demand such efficiencies.
- Prepare reports to Council to seek approval to proceed with actions needed by the County to fulfil their mandate.
- Participate in related work assignments, such as updates and revisions to the Official Plan, Growth Studies, Community Master and Area Servicing Plans, review and update of the County Design Criteria, review and update of internal review processes and operations, and asset management inventory/cost schedules as it relates to assumed infrastructure.
- Provide technical support and advice to other divisions as required
- Assist in development of budget projections for the Division.
- Responsible for assigned staff supervision, mentoring and review.
- Other duties as assigned
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector where required and verification of education.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.