City of Orillia
Environment and Infrastructure Services Department
Source Protection and Operations Division
Project Manager, Source Protection and Operations
The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Project Manager, Source Protection and Operations in the Source Protection and Operations Division of the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Responsible for effectively organizing and managing capital and operating projects and programs for the Source Protection and Operations Division including source protection, stormwater, roads, sidewalks, fleet and parks infrastructure.
- Supervise assigned staff and direct work activities, select, train and motivate personnel, evaluate employee performance and ensure all staff are properly trained, and safe workplace conditions and practices are maintained.
- Responsible for effectively organizing and supervising activities of the Fleet Division for the maintenance and replacement of City vehicles and equipment.
- Manage, monitor and administer capital projects from inception to construction, including the preparation of project budgets, tender documents, and designs for the division.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all municipal departments, relevant municipal advisory committees, agencies and ministries in order to facilitate timely project design completion, project reviews, project comments, and project approvals as necessary.
- Ensure due diligence is carried out in the division in all areas of risk management and safety training; report and follow-up on all incidents, accidents, property damage and theft and ensure work practices conform to relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Act on behalf of the City to lead the defense of claims related to the division.
- Assist in the establishment of departmental goals, objectives, plans, policies and budgets; develop, recommend and administer procedures, programs, systems and standards; administer the section’s annual operating budget; monitor and control the section’s expenditures.
- Oversee the management of Entrance Permits, Road Occupancy Permits, Culvert Installation and Lowering Permits, and Curb Cut Permits.
- Assist with preparing reports, budgets, and making recommendations as necessary. Provide advice/guidance on roads/infrastructure related issues and strategies and new or pending legislation and guidelines.
- On-call as part of the Management on-call rotation.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Public Administration or Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) registered in Ontario.
- Professional designation as a Certified Road Supervisor – Intermediate (CRS-I) with the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors or Project Management Professional (PMP), Certification. O.A.C.E.T.T. accreditation an asset.
- Minimum of four years of municipal operations, technical and maintenance experience, with four years of supervisory experience in the coordination of work crews, work assignments and best practices in a unionized environment.
- Computer skills using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. Knowledge of GIS applications an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with an acceptable driver abstract.
- A current and acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense, prior to the commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $80,924 to $111,384 based on a 40-hour work week plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until September 27, 2021 at noon.
Applications will only be accepted by applying online. Please visit Careers.Orillia.ca
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.