Project Manager, Traffic and Transportation
Permanent Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering, this position is involved in all aspects of the identification, initiation, design, review, and implementation of municipal traffic and transportation infrastructure related to development, capital projects, and municipal needs. This would include commenting on development applications, capital projects, and municipal initiatives, and the review of traffic and transportation reports and drawings, Municipal By-Laws, and applicable design guidelines and legislation.
This position also investigates, analyzes, and responds to resident concerns and inquiries with respect to municipal traffic and transportation-related matters such as traffic control devices, speed limits, parking, active transportation, sight distance, radar signs, traffic calming measures, street naming, and other associated infrastructure.
- Performs on-site inspections related to traffic and transportation components of development and capital projects as required, ensuring compliance with Provincial and Town standards, policies, engineering requirements, design specifications, etc. Arranges for corrective measures when deficiencies and inaccuracies are identified.
- Maintains a vehicle collision information system to track all the vehicle collisions that have occurred within the Town. Performs collision analysis and operational reviews on Town roads for prioritizing safety-related projects.
- Collects, monitors, analyses and evaluates data regarding the performance of traffic control systems, elements, and devices. This involves conducting research, surveys, investigations, inspections, tours, traffic volume, and speed data.
- Undertakes studies to identify long and short-term needs of the Municipality’s traffic and transportation network through the coordination of studies and issuance of Request for Proposals (RFPs), to facilitate Municipal Class Environmental Assessments (MCEAs), Master Plans, etc.
- Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) documents. Participates in selection of RFP and RFQ awards. Coordinates and reviews the work of consultants hired by the Town to undertake traffic and transportation-related studies, initiatives, works, and services.
- Receives and addresses complaints and maintains a complaint tracking and follow-up system.
- Monitors the installation of traffic and transportation infrastructure to ensure conformance with design drawings and specifications. Updates and maintains various databases. Manipulates data and prepares reports based on findings for various scenarios regarding traffic and transportation infrastructure impact.
- Attends evening meetings, such as public meetings, resident meetings, Committee of the Whole, and Council, as required.
- Cross-trains and provides support to the Engineering Branch with all aspects and duties of a Project Manager.
- Requires a three-year college diploma in Transportation Engineering Technology or Bachelor of Engineering
- Requires a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or an Engineer in Training (EIT) designation
- Registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng) or Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant related position preferred
- Requires a valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation
- Substantial experience in transportation and traffic analysis including warrants and safety audits
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful, and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high-quality citizen-centered services to our community.
Salary: $69,071.39 – $86,353.19, plus employer-paid benefits and OMERS pension plan
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and copies of the required credentials (diploma, training, designations, etc) through our ATS by November 28th.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.