Job Title: Real Estate Negotiator/Acquisition Specialist
Employment Status: Permanent – Full Time
Reference Code: 1614
Closing Date: January 28, 2022
Location: Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA
The Real Estate Negotiator/Acquisition Specialist reports to the Manager, Real Estate and is primarily responsible for providing support to the Manager and client departments with real estate needs including research, site selection, negotiation and appraisal for acquisition, and disposal of real property and property rights.
- A minimum of four (4) years of real estate experience in a related role (e.g. capital acquisition agent, real estate negotiator, appraiser or evaluator) in a comparably sized complex organization, preferably with municipal experience in capital transportation project planning and completing strategic real estate research.
- Experience with Registry Office/Land Title Office procedures, legal surveys and plans, and engineering procedures and plans as they relate to property rights and acquisitions.
- Must have the required knowledge and experience to appraise partial takings involving severance or consequential damages, interpret real estate appraisals, etc.
- Minimum two (2) year diploma or degree in a related discipline e.g. real estate appraisal, property management, urban planning, urban land economics, property assessment or equivalent experience.
- Preference that the incumbent be a member in good standing of one of the following associations: the Appraisal Institute of Canada, the Institute of Municipal Assessors or the International Right of Way Association.
- Outstanding business communication skills are required to influence, persuade and secure the cooperation of land owners and family members, landlords, lessees, municipal staff and solicitors, consultants, appraisers and real estate brokers, etc. in situations where communications can be highly emotional, intense or volatile.
- Strong and proven multi-tasking skills with an ability to handle a very large workload, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities, strong problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of real estate principles including real estate law and applicable municipal legislation including Residential Tenancies Act, Expropriation Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Land Titles Act, Municipal Act, etc.
- Strong knowledge of appraisal, surveying, expropriation, municipal planning and land use to facilitate the acquisition and disposition of approximately 100 properties each year.
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
$83,208 – $99,848 per annum
To Apply View the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.