Supervisor of Facilities and Arenas
Salary: $84,968 – $101,462 (40 hour work week)
Plus a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan
The Supervisor of Facilities and Arenas is responsible for ensuring that the buildings and workspaces for City staff, user groups and tenants are functional and operational as well as overseeing the arena operations and providing supervision and work assignments to the department staff. This position oversees the delivery of building operations contracts, maintenance projects and capital renewal within City facilities and properties.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma in project management, architecture, facilities management, civil technology, construction management, building technology or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of related experience in facilities and project management or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with various stakeholders.
- Experience with contract administration and providing instructions to contracted labour.
- Basic knowledge of the relevant portions of the National Building Code, Provincial Building Code, Area Municipal Codes & practices, Ontario Fire Marshall’s Regulations, Insurance Advisory Council Regulations, CSA Standards, Forms of Agreement, Canadian Standard Form of Construction Document, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Operating Engineers Act and any other applicable legislation and regulations.
- Valid Class G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines with strong organizational skills and the capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, responding with flexibility to changing priorities.
- Ability to recognize the importance of time and budget constraints.
- Research skills required to research products, sources, and applications.
- Exceptional communication skills to assist in writing technical specifications in tender, proposals, and quotations.
- Leadership skills to provide guidance to unionized staff, administrative staff, and part-time staff.
- High level of proficiency with computer programs in a Windows environment and Microsoft Office programs. Ability and experience with Work Order and Asset Management systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including effective mentoring, coaching, counselling, and conflict management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills with a variety of people inside or outside the organization. Communication may involve complex and detailed exchanges and requires strong problem-solving skills.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume marked “Supervisor of Facilities and Arenas” to the following on/before Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.:
Human Resources Department
City of Brockville
P.O. Box 5000
1 King Street West
Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A5
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.