|Term of Employment:
||Full-Time, Term (Approximately 12 months)
Article 13.05 c) Should an internal applicant be awarded the term position; they shall revert to their former position at the expiration of the leave.
|Rate of Pay:
||Out-of-Scope Band 5
||Lloydminster Museum + Archives
|The Manager, Lloydminster Museum + Archives will oversee the operations, exhibitions, retail sales, collection management, and basic conservation of all the artifacts and archival collection of the Lloydminster Museum + Archives. The Lloydminster Museum + Archives is dedicated to preserving, interpreting, and increasing public understanding of its ongoing heritage and cultural collection
- Enforce established policies and provide guidance to employees.
- Supervise art handling and installation of works of art & artifacts for temporary/travelling exhibitions and in the permanent collection
- Provide annual operative and capital budgets and help oversee projects.
- Apply for project and operating grants.
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of best practices for museum management and public history organizations, leadership skills, and marketing awareness to deploy resources, develop staff, and effectively manage daily operations
- Develop and implement guidelines and policies associated with the Lloydminster Museum + Archives such as collection management and exhibit planning etc.
- Maintain detailed and accurate files.
- Overseeing shop operations, merchandise purchasing, inventory control & visual merchandising
- Delegate tasks as required and provide support to staff.
- Build and maintain relationships with business and community partners.
- Coordinate and support staff with respect to scheduling, delegation, logistics, and budgeting
- Assist with marketing initiatives of facility, programs, and exhibits.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the facility and recommend improvements to the facility, exhibits, and collections & gift shop merchandising
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers including the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers.
- Ensure exceptional customer service to all users.
- Effective internal communication with other managers within the City.
- Be present and help at all major events at the Lloydminster Museum + Archives
- Other related duties as required.
|The position is office based and normal working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with the regular requirement to work outside these standard hours. The position is required to be available to staff if needed outside normal working hours.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Museum studies or history.
- 3-7 years experience in a Heritage institution or museum setting.
- 1-2 years experience in museum standards/best practices, exhibitions, cataloging, and conservation and storage practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, stakeholders, residents, clients, Council, and the public, including face-to-face, one-on-one settings, and in group settings.
- Ability to lead and effectively coordinate the efforts of various City departments and functions with other governmental or private agencies to accomplish program goals or objectives.
- Ability to analyze a variety of administrative, operational, fiscal, and social problems and make recommendations for solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and cohesively with others.
- Proven ability to maintain a high standard of discretion, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract. This position may be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
||February 9, 2023
||Internal & External
||The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal Candidate Email: email@example.com
External Candidates Apply at: www.lloydminster.ca/jobs
Posting Date: January 5, 2023